Oxford // Travelguide #1

September 23, 2014

"Try to go somewhere new, it's easy to go back to a place you loved, but it's always just a bit more exciting to go somewhere you never pictured yourself going" - I'm so thankful that I have the chance to explore so many new cities and see all this beautiful places ! 
At the weekend I travelled to Oxford and I came up with the idea to create a kind of "Travel Guide" out of all the pictures...  
First I have to say, that this was a one day trip, so I didn't planned a lot and it was more a kind of walking through the area, but I've managed to see everything, what was on my list.
So let's start!

SIGHTSEEING:
If you start at the railway station and walk up George Street followed by Broad Street, it's the best way to start your journey. 




On the right side you can see the Calerondon Building





When you walk 5 steps further you stand in front of the Sheldonian Theathre



If you then turn into the Catte Street you walk straight to the Hertford Bridge followed by the Radcillfe Camera, with a perfect view of the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin




To get to Christ Church you have to walk a bit further - at this point it is perhaps helpful to say, that the whole city is like it's own city guide, because at every corner you can find a city map with "You are here"!




FOOD:
Of course you can find many restaurants and food shops crisscrossing the whole city, but what I think is the best place for good and also cheap food is definitely the Covered Marked.



The market is full of traditional, but also international food and you can also find some vintage clothes and stuff like that





SHOPPING:
Shopping wasn't on my list at this day, but during I walked around the city, I've noticed two Shopping Centres, and the Queen Street looked very much like a good street for shopping.



So there is the Westgate Shopping Centre and you can also find the Clarendon Centre





I would be very happy if you can tell me how you liked this kind of post. 
I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design and Content © with eyes wide open | 2014.